We welcome submissions from ministires in the West Virginia Conference but also encourage members to submit to the United Methodist Church to reach a broader pool of candidates.
Director of Christian Education and Youth Ministry - Christ Church, Charleston
Christ Church United Methodist in Charleston, WV is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Christian Education and Youth Ministry.
This position is responsible for oversight, provision and coordination of the church’s Christian Education and Youth program in cooperation with lay volunteers and the lead pastor as part of multidisciplinary ministerial team.
A degree in Christian Education or related field with Certification in Christian Education and/or Youth ministry is preferred. Master’s level training is a plus. Applicants must be members of the United Methodist Church or willing to transfer religious affiliation. Deacons and other orders of ministry are welcome to apply but must work through the Bishop and cabinet of both the West Virginia area and the area in which their ordination and membership is held. Deacons or other ordained persons may be expected to perform additional duties pertinent to their ordinations.
Salary is commensurate with education, certification and experience.
Christ Church is downtown church with three weekly worship services that include both traditional and contemporary styles with an average attendance of 300. Christ Church is committed to quality Christian Education for children and youth offering programming for preschool to young adult.
Christ Church is located in the capital city of West Virginia which offers vibrant music and cultural opportunities. It is an area noted for its mountain beauty with a variety of outdoor activities such as snow skiing, hiking and biking in close proximity.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and a one page document outlining their philosophy of Christian Education and youth ministry.
Applications may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or through regular mail service to Christ Church UM 1221 Quarrier Street Charleston, WV 25301 ATTN: Christian Education/Youth Position. Applications will be accepted be until March 7, 2017.
Director of Youth Ministry - Suncrest UMC Morgantown, WV
Suncrest United Methodist Church in Morgantown, WV is a accepting applications for a full-time Director of Youth Ministry. Suncrest UMC has three weekly worship services that include both traditional and contemporary worship and is committed to ministry with young people. Suncrest UMC is a vibrant and growing congregation that is looking for someone who will re-energize and revitalize the current youth ministry.
Suncrest UMC has an average weekly attendance of 550-660 people and is located on the edge of the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and a one page document outlining their philosophy of youth ministry.
Applications may be submitted to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin December 5 and will continue until the position is filled.
Administrative Assistant - Johnson Memorial UMC Huntington, WV
Johnson Memorial United Methodist Church in Huntington, WV is accepting applications for the part-time position of an administrative assistant.
This position is multi-faceted and requires both flexibility and attention to detail.
Computer skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and previous work experience or desire to work in a church or non-profit setting are required. The administrative assistant reports to the senior pastor, and is responsible for the day to day workings of the church office. Responsibilities, include welcoming guests, phone calls, calendaring, communication, filing, ordering supplies, completing annual reports and working with the worship staff to prepare weekly worship bulletins and monthly newsletters.
A candidate who has strong experience in church worship media, including projection for church services, is preferred, and would be given additional compensation for that skill.
Compensation and hours are negotiable, depending on experience and availability.
If interested, please submit a letter of interest and resume, including names of references, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minister of Music - St. John UMC
The Minister of Music is a vital ingredient of both spiritual and religious food to the body of Christ through direction of the music ministry of St. John United Methodist Church. This position will work directly with the Pastor, Worship Leader and Worship Accompanist to coordinate the worship services St. John UMC provides on a weekly (or more) basis. He/She would report directly to the Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Pastor in cooperation with the Staff Parish Relations Committee would provide guidance and evaluation as it pertains to duty and job performance.
Click here to read the full job description.
Church Nursery Coordinator - St. John UMC, Scott Depot, WV
Job Description Purpose: To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at our Church, ages 0-4 years in a clean environment.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer. Universal precautions should always be used while changing diapers or time of body fluids.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the Early Morning Service. Child care hours include every Sunday 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM. You are expected to work all Sundays even if it falls on a holiday. You will have the option to work other church events, i.e. Easter, Christmas, Vacation Bible School, etc. The opportunity for extra work will be announced at least 4 weeks prior to the event. There will always be services on Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and two services on Christmas Eve. If you choose to work extra at these other events, the hour(s) of the nursery will be specified.
- Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form. In the event of an emergency notify the parent via the communication system. Cell phone/pager.
- Straighten the room and clean any toys/beds before leaving. All toys that have had contact with saliva will require special attention. A sanitizing solution will be available to use in the nursery.
- Attend an evaluation after a 90 day probationary period and thereafter annually.
- Report to the Pastor with any issues which are hindering completion of duties or responsibilities.
- Communicate in advance, by phone to the Pastor: 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least one day prior to the shift.
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 4 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities. Early Childhood Education degree is highly preferred, though not required.
- At least 18 years
- Satisfactory completion of background check and drug screening
- Must present the results of a current Tuberculin and current immunizations.
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children.
- Must adhere to St. John United Methodist Church Child Protection Policy Guidelines.
- Three references.
- $10.00 per hour
Please mail a current Resume to: St. John UMC; Attention: David Conley. 4536 Teays Valley